Saturday, July 01, 2006

Nashoba Valley Brewery: Belgian Pale Ale

So I started the night hoping that some of my college friends might be around town and that there would be something to do, but my assumptions were right and there is absolutely nothing to do. I mean I could always go to a bar, but that's never any fun alone. That being said, I decided to head down to the local package store to pick up something new with the hopes I could write a review.


nashoba1


I picked up a 6-pack of Nashoba Valley Brewery's Belgian Pale Ale. It was in a wine-box which I thought was odd until i realized that this brewery is an extension of a winery. I wondered if a winery could even fathom making a decent craft brew. Well, they can and have. This brewery is only a few towns away from me and it is sold all over Massachusetts. I was shocked that I never heard of it before. Nashoba has deemed this ale their summer season brew and they have done so with good reason. This belgian malt has a slightly bitter taste with a very light and refreshing after taste: perfect for those cook-outs and long summer nights. I find this brew to be similar to a few others that I've tried before (mostly from New England microbreweries, I swear this area is the microbrew mecca). If you know beer lingo - this brew has 26 IBUs and normal 6% ABV. I think the ABV is the downfall. If it were a little stronger, the bitterness might have a little more bite to it. If you don't know beer lingo - IBU stands for the International Bittering Unit. Google it or something. And if you don't know what ABV stands for then you probably don't drink.

It doesn't quite make my top 5 list. At least, not yet anyways. Beers have a tendency to grow on me after I have them a few times. But I give Nashoba's Belgian Pale Ale a 7 out of 10. If you're from Massachusetts, I suggest you give this brewery a try

Hope to see you readers back for the next dudeguyman review (which will probably be a beer).

2 Comments:

Blogger Natsthename said...

I'd give it a 6 due to the bitterness factor. I prefer my brews with a little less bite!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Natsthename said...

http://themostsecret.blogspot.com/

Make me a fake secret!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home