Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The dude is back, and he's got a review!

A thousand apologies. I have not posted here for far too long. I really had ambition for this blog, but as usual my ambitions are never achieved. Now I'm just writing because I am really bored and I've been having fun just typing away on other forums. I figured I might as well give  another shot. 

I moved to Florida and I must say, the dudeguyman has not flourished. The women are lovely but the beer isn't quite as bountiful as it is in New England. There's plenty of light beer. There's enough light beer down here to sink the titanic. Red dog, Milwaukee's, PBR. If it's light, you name it, and it's here. But as far as micro-brews go in the south, there isn't much that compares to up north. There's some great stuff from Louisiana that comes down here and Shipyard Brewing has a lot of representation here, but not much else. I'll go over them later.

On the other hand, there is Landshark. Landshark Lager is "Jimmy Buffett's micro brew" from the Margaritaville Brewing Co. Now Margaritaville boasts some great flavored tequilas, food, and gear; but they did not catch the sunrise on this one. The most loyal parrotheads would probably disagree. Don't get me wrong, I love the great American storyteller that is Mr. Jimmy Buffett and this probably could have and would have been a great thing. That all changed the second Anheuser Busch purchased this lovely little venture and now it's just like the rest of the light beers I previously mentioned. The bottle is aesthetically pleasing. But would I drink it? Sure, if somebody brought it over or there wasn't anything better around. But even the light beer I don't necessarily enjoy is better than this most of the time. I give this one a whopping.... Drum roll please....


 
    out of ten

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home