Friday, October 17, 2008

Left Hand Oktoberfest

My haven has been found!!!! At least until I run out of beers in the place to try and review. They recently opened a whole foods market down here and I've been meaning to go, but I finally got a chance today when I was just driving by with nothing to do. There was plenty there that I hadn't tried. I bought three singles just so I would have something to write for the next couple days. 

Today's selection: Left Hand Brewing Company's Oktoberfest

I have to say, upon first tasting this, I think this is on my list of favorite beers to ever be designated an "Oktoberfest." It's got a clean finish and is smoother than the typical marzen style lager that comes out around this time of year. There's a great balance of the hop aroma and the bitterness. For a known hop head, like myself, it's a great change to have a softer, enjoyable beer with less bite to it every once in awhile. Cheers to the guys up in Longmont, CO for this one. Because I love it; I added Left Hand to the marzen page on wikipedia. 

Part of the label (which is very ascetically pleasing in my opinion) made me laugh. It reads, "Brewed on the banks of the mighty St. Vrain." It must not be that mighty because I had never heard of the river before in my life. It turns out that it's actually a creek that is officially known as a river located in north central Colorado near Boulder. Mighty or not, I give this beer



out of ten

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home