Friday, October 17, 2008

Mojo Risin

Tonight, after a long night at work, I take on the second beer I bought yesterday. Thank god. This is one of those beers that you just REALLY need at the end of work. As I take the first sip, I begin to melt into the couch. Airplane is on the television and that in no way makes me angry. 

Tonight's Beer of note will be: Boulder Beer Company's Mojo Risin' Double IPA

Yes. an ipa. You know I'm excited. I must say that I'm ashamed to admit that I've never tried a double ipa. At least, not that I remember trying. You know how us Massachusetts residents are. We're drunks and beer hippies. Well, a lot of us are just hippies. But you catch my drift. 

With twice the grain and hops as Boulder's regular ipa, (which I haven't tried yet. I shot for the moon and went for the double first. It's like eating dessert first. Life is short.) it boasts a very complex flavor. According to an article on beeradvocate.com, they only made around  120 barrels of this stuff and it shows. It was also only shipped to 15 markets. It's giving my favorite ipa a run for it's money at this moment. But my bet is that's only because I haven't had my favorite ipa in god knows how long. That will soon change though. The whole foods market I mentioned in my previous post stocks my favorite. Schwing. 

Plus its 10% abv is enough to keep any man happy. If you see it, grab it while it lasts. Boulder Beer's 6th release to its Looking Glass series of specialty beers uses its mojo well and rises up to an 



out of ten

(if you didn't guess, that last image was meant to be cut in half. I have no added a half measurement to my ratings. So the above rating is an 8.5.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home