Saturday, October 18, 2008

Chamberlain Pale Ale

After today, I need to go back to the store. I'll be out of new beer again. It's like Christmas. 

Today's tasty beverage: Shipyard Brewing Company's Chamberlain Pale Ale... Yummy
 
First off, I have to say that I believe Shipyard to be my favorite overall brewing company. I love pretty much everything I've ever tried that has come out of this Portland, Maine warehouse brewing company. As for this beer, I enjoy it very much. This is an American style pale ale, as opposed to the India Pale Ale that I so normally long for. It has a great golden color to it with a small creamy head that doesn't stick around. It's less hoppy than it's Indian relative. It was very balanced with a medium finish. I have a feeling it will gain regular status in my normal purchasing habits. My only concern is the less than stellar abv being a puny 4.9%. Isn't that the abv for the beer they sell in Utah? Fucking Mormons and their below percentage alcohol laws. 

The subject for this beer is none other than Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain. He was a civil war hero, winner of the medal of honor, Alpha Delta Phi brother, Maine governor, Bowdoin College President, and all around good guy. This beer was made to commemorate the life of this man. Random Fact = If you ever see the movie Gettysbury, this guy was played by Jeff Daniels. Nice.

Well Done Mr. Chamberlain. You get an...


out of ten

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shipyards great stuff man, Keep up the good reviews and I'll keep reading! - J

10:24 AM  
Blogger Natsthename said...

SOunds good!

I had a Wachusett Octoberfest yesterday at John Brewer's in Watertown. It was yum.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home