Monday, October 20, 2008

Turbodog

So I went out with some friends last night and we picked up some brews early in the night. I decided to save a few for my day off today. Straight from Abita Springs, Louisiana, I give you

Turbodog

It's an English brown style ale, much like a Newcastle. This is the along the darker side of Newcastle with it's dark brown color and reddish accents. I'd take it over Newcastle any day. It has the scent of chocolate, nuts, and toffee but the taste doesn't exactly convey the smell. It has a nice bitterness to it and goes down smooth with a medium finish. If you like a light flavor in a dark beer, I highly recommend this brew. Some people don't like how much lighter it is than other beers of its flavor. Some people do. 

I've had stronger coffee flavors in beers and loved it, but this just shows that an opposite will always exist to something. 

*On that note, If you're ever near Holyoke, Massachusetts go to to the Paper City Brewery on a Friday night. I'm not sure if they still do this or not, but they usually have a live band and it's like $6 to get in and all you can drink. They have a coffee influenced brew called the Denogginator. I bold this because this stuff kept me awake like no other drink I've ever had. It's a very heavy, dark brew. It wasn't everyones cup of tea, but I loved it. 

Abita hasn't failed to impress me yet. It's one of the few southern breweries that I have tried a variety of brews from and still thoroughly enjoy. It's probably the only thing from Louisiana that I enjoy. I have plenty of stories and reasons to back up saying that. No offense if you're a Louisianian, but somethings not right. I can't say that something's in the water, because then this beer wouldn't be good. Turbodog hails a consistant... 



out of ten

1 Comments:

Blogger Natsthename said...

I'll stick with Abita for the LA brews!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home