Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Shipyard Blue Fin Stout

So I'm not sure if it's because the beer has been sitting in a store awhile, how cold it was, or if it's just the beer. But I have to say, I've found the first Shipyard brew that been questionable to me. 

Shipyard's Blue Fin Stout doesn't entirely please my palette this time around. I have a feeling it might be better at a lower temperature or even on tap. Although, some say this is better drank warm, I disagree. This Irish dry stout is just too dry for me. 

It has a very dark blackish pour and a tan head. It looks like it would taste better than it is. It has a very thin taste for how rich it looks. I was looking for more of a creamy stout. The taste has a roasted cocoa feel to it, but it's more of a bitter cocoa. You can taste the hops, which I normally enjoy. It doesn't work well in this brew though. It's not a terrible stout, but it's not an amazing one either. An apology to my favorite Portland, Maine brewery, but this stout gets a... 



out of ten

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home