Wednesday, November 05, 2008

More of the Mojo

This is kind of a step backwards in my reviews. A few weeks back I wrote a review on Boulder Beer Company's Mojo Risin Double IPA. Well, I wish I had saved a single of it because my roommate came home the other day with Mojo IPA, the normal IPA released by this brewery. I wish I had saved a single because then I could go back and forth. 

To keep the story short on this one tonight. I gave the Mojo Risin an 8.5 in my review and it had twice the flavor, twice the ingredients, and basically was twice as good as the original. Don't get me wrong, I think that the Mojo IPA is a great IPA, but I can see that Boulder doubled up on the original for a reason. It has more hops. Bottom line.

If weed is a gateway drug, consider this a gateway IPA. It's a good starter for those who aren't ready for complete and utter bitterness. Mojo IPA was Boulder Beer's 4th addition to the Looking Glass Series doesn't rise quite as far up as the Mojo Risin did, but I'd still give it a 



out of ten

Just one point down from the Mojo Double IPA on the overall scale.
But as far as IPAs go, I give this one a 5. 
It seems I now have two scales, an overall and an IPA scale. The Dude just keeps on thinking of new stuff. Shucks. Goodnight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Natsthename said...

Best line I've read in awhile: "If weed is a gateway drug, consider this a gateway IPA."

I'm never going to be an IPA fan. Ever. I'm hopelessly in love with lager.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home